Fall Virtual CO-OP + CAREER Fairs
Join us as for the first time we offer a Fair spanning three days in mid-October – allowing you to target specific majors.
- Tuesday, October 13 from 2-5pm Eastern: Design/Build Majors
- Wednesday, October 14 from 2-5pm Eastern: Engineering & Science Majors
- Thursday, October 15 from 2-5pm Eastern: Computing, Business, & Math Majors
There is no cost associated with any Fair and all are virtual, but we do ask you to be recruiting for either a co-op and/or full-time position if attending.
New! We appreciate your feedback from our March 2020 virtual event and have incorporated recommendations into our planning. We are partnering with Symplicity, the host of WITworks, who is building a new Fair platform designed for better and smoother communication between student and organizations. You will now be able to incorporate whichever video platform you prefer to video chat with students, along with the opportunity to chat individually or in small groups. (Our preferred video platform is Zoom as all Wentworth students will already have an account and have the driver installed).
Registration: Registration will take place in WITworks and is now open.
- Looking to hire co-op students or new graduates to work in your Architecture department? Need top notch design skills? Need folks to manage construction projects or people? Then participate in this Virtual CO-OP + CAREER Fair specifically for students in these majors from 2:00-5:00 on October 13, 2020. Regardless of your industry, you may need students to work in these sectors of your organization.
- Engineering & Sciences
- Looking to hire co-op students or new graduates to work in your engineering areas? Need top notch science skills? Then participate in this Virtual CO-OP + CAREER Fair specifically for students in these majors from 2:00-5:00 on October 14, 2020. Regardless of your industry, you may need students to work in these sectors of your organization.
- Computing, Business, & Math
- Looking to hire co-op students or new graduates to work in your computing departments, or to utilize their business and/or math skills? Then participate in this Virtual CO-OP + CAREER Fair for specifically for our Computing, Business, and Math majors from 2:00-5:00 on October 15, 2020. Regardless of your industry, you may need students to work in these sectors of your organization.
- Does Wentworth provide the video/chat link? No, the organization MUST provide their own video chat link. This can be added in the registration form – each individual registrant form will have a place to put the video chat link in the ‘Meeting Instructions’ area. Without a video chat link, you will not be able to participate and chat with students.
- Are employers required to use a certain platform? No; employers can use any platform they prefer. However, students are most comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Please ensure it is a working link before the Fair begins.
- Do I have to put the video chat link the moment I register? No. Employers can go back in their WITworks registration and make changes as necessary up to the day of the Fair.
- How much does the Fair cost? Free!
- Am I only allowed to attend one Fair? No, employers can attend one, two, or all three Fairs.
- Is there a limit to the number of registrants? Because the event is virtual, we are not limiting the number of employer representatives that can attend. However, all individual registrants must have a unique video chat URL.
- What is the difference between a Group Chat and 1-on-1 Chats? Can I do them both? The virtual Fair is designed to allow EITHER 1-on-1 discussions OR a group chat. A group chat is an open forum where students can click the link and drop in at any point during the session, while a 1-on-1 chat is with an individual student for a designated time period (Between 5-15 minutes depending on how you set it up). It is recommended to utilize 1-on-1 chats when possible.
- Can I preselect the students I want to chat with? Because we are attempting to make this event as close to an in-person Fair as possible, employers will not be able to choose students to chat with in advance. When the Fair begins, students will join a ‘queue’ for your organization and you will chat with students based on their place in the queue. Employers will be able to create a resume packet of RSVP’d students based on criteria such as major and class level in advance of the Fair, so you are free to reach out to registered students of interest before the Fair. This resume packet option will also be available after the Fair for all student attendees.
As this registration form will look different from past Fairs, we have created the following How to Register for the Virtual CO-OP + CAREER Fair video:
In addition to the Fair, Wentworth offers a number of other outlets to engage students:
- Post your openings in WITworks, where Wentworth students go to look for co-ops and jobs.
- Become a Co-op Employer: All undergraduate day students are required to complete two Cooperative Education (co-op) experiences prior to receiving their Bachelor’s degree. These are typically paid, full-time (32 hours minimally per week) and last for the duration of the semester. Most students do their required co-ops in their junior and senior year and an optional co-op in their sophomore year. Architecture students complete their required co-ops in their sophomore and junior years.
- Interview Virtually: We offer on-campus interviewing where you can review resumes of all candidates, pick the students whom you care to interview and host interviews virtually through the meeting platform of your choosing. We will do all of the administrative tasks. You can pick a date that would work for you and we will set it all up.
- Host an “Inside Industry Right Now” virtual discussion: Be featured in a Zoom session moderated by a CO-OPS + CAREERS staff member discussing how COVID-19 has impacted your business and new challenges that has caused. Not only is it an opportunity to stay engaged with students from targeted majors, it’s a way to share current industry information while promoting your organization.