Thank you to all who attended Spring 2022 CO-OP + CAREER Fair on Monday, February 28 and Tuesday, March 1!
In addition to the Fair, Wentworth offers a number of other outlets to engage students:
Co-op Hiring Days
Join us to meet with students actively searching for a co-op. Connect with students through 30-minute info sessions and 15-minute one-on-one interviews. First: Host a 30-minute information session.
- Each session will give you a chance to educate students about your company and the role you are hiring for. We encourage at least 10-15 minutes of the session be dedicated to questions from students.
- Students who participate in an information session will have early access to scheduling their 15-minute one-on-one interviews with you.
Second: Conduct 15 minute one-on-one interviews with students who apply to your position in WITworks.
- You must post the co-op position in WITworks.
- Once your position is posted, CO-OPS + CAREERS will work with you to set-up an interview schedule.
- Students will sign themselves up for interview slots through WITworks and we will communicate with you your final schedule of students.
- At the time of the interviews, all you will need to do is begin your virtual meeting.
- These 15-minute one-on-one interviews are designed to be your first round interviews.
Employer expectations for Co-op Hiring Days
- You will host an information session and 1-1 virtual interviews with students
- Cancellations must be made no later than 12 PM noon EST the day before your event.
- You must be still actively hiring for a fall co-op. This is not a networking event.
- You will speak with every student who signs up for a 1-1 virtual interview.
|Co-op Schedule||Spring 2022||Summer 2022|
|Semester begins (first official start date of co-op)||Monday, January 10||Wednesday, May 11|
|Last day to make an offer||Tuesday, January 18||Wednesday, May 18|
|Latest Employment start date||Monday, January 24||Monday, May 23|
|Co-op assessment due – student & employer||Tuesday, April 12||Tuesday, August 9|
|Last day of official co-op semester||Tuesday, April 26||Wednesday, August 17|
In addition to Co-op Hiring Days, Wentworth offers a number of other outlets to engage students:
- Post your openings in WITworks, where Wentworth students go to look for co-ops and jobs.
- Become a Co-op Employer: All undergraduate day students are required to complete two Cooperative Education (co-op) experiences prior to receiving their Bachelor’s degree. These are typically paid, full-time (30 hours minimally per week) and last for the duration of the semester. Most students do their required co-ops in their junior and senior year and an optional co-op in their sophomore year. Architecture students complete their required co-ops in their sophomore and junior years.
- Interview Virtually: We offer on-campus interviewing where you can review resumes of all candidates, pick the students whom you care to interview and host interviews virtually through the meeting platform of your choosing. We will do all of the administrative tasks. You can pick a date that would work for you and we will set it all up.
- Host an “Inside Industry Right Now” virtual discussion: Be featured in a Zoom session moderated by a CO-OPS + CAREERS staff member discussing how COVID-19 has impacted your business and new challenges that has caused. Not only is it an opportunity to stay engaged with students from targeted majors, it’s a way to share current industry information while promoting your organization.