Save the Date for the Fall 2021 CO-OP + CAREER Fair: Tuesday, October 5th, 2:30-5:30PM
Join Wentworth students of all major disciplines and class levels on Tuesday, October 5 from 2:30-5:30pm for Wentworth’s Fall CO-OP + CAREER Fair. Located on Wentworth’s campus in the heart of Boston, it’s an opportunity to recruit top STEAM talent for spring co-ops, internships and full-time roles.
Registration will open on WITworks in early August and when opened, can be accessed here (You will need to log in to WITworks before registering). There is also a quicklink on the right-hand side of your WITworks home screen. If you forgot your log in information or need to create an account please reach out to CO-OPS + CAREERS at 617.989.4188.
E-mail Chris McIntyre at email@example.com to get on the early registration invitation list to ensure you reserve a spot.
Standard registration is $550 and includes a 6-foot table and 2 chairs, booth piping and draping, electrical access, up to 3 registrants, and up to 2 parking passes. Nonprofit registration is $250. In the event of a cancellation, refunds will not be given after September 21, 2021. Limited sponsorship slots are available for $1,500. Sponsors receive double booths/double attendees as well as a prime booth location and special marketing/branding in the months and weeks leading up to the Fair. You’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in programming before the Fair.
Contact Chris McIntyre, External Relations Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.989.4188 to learn more.
Logistical information and directions will be sent approximately 1-2 weeks before the Fair. If you are shipping materials in advance, please send them to:
Wentworth Institute of Technology
c/o CO-OP + CAREER FAIR
115 Ward Street
Boston, MA 02120
In addition to the Fair, Wentworth offers a number of other outlets to engage students:
Co-op Hiring Days
Now until September
Employers, are you hiring for a Fall 2021 Co-op? Join us throughout the summer semester for your chance to meet with students actively searching for their fall co-op. Connect with students through 30-minute info sessions and 15-minute one-on-one interviews. First: Host a 30-minute information session.
- Each session will give you a chance to educate students about your company and the role you are hiring for. We encourage at least 10-15 minutes of the session be dedicated to questions from students.
- Students who participate in an information session will have early access to scheduling their 15-minute one-on-one interviews with you.
Second: Conduct 15 minute one-on-one interviews with students who apply to your position in WITworks.
- You must post the co-op position in WITworks.
- Once your position is posted, CO-OPS + CAREERS will work with you to set-up an interview schedule.
- Students will sign themselves up for interview slots through WITworks and we will communicate with you your final schedule of students.
- At the time of the interviews, all you will need to do is begin your virtual meeting.
- These 15-minute one-on-one interviews are designed to be your first round interviews.
Employer expectations for Co-op Hiring Days
- You will host an information session and 1-1 virtual interviews with students
- Cancellations must be made no later than 12 PM noon EST the day before your event.
- You must be still actively hiring for a fall co-op. This is not a networking event.
- You will speak with every student who signs up for a 1-1 virtual interview.
|Co-op Schedule||Spring 2021||Summer 2021||Fall 2021|
|Semester begins (first official start date of co-op)||Tuesday, January 19||Wednesday, May 12||September 7|
|Last day to make an offer||Tuesday, January 26||Wednesday, May 19||September 14|
|Latest Employment start date||Monday, February 1||Monday, May 24||September 20|
|Co-op assessment due – student & employer||Friday, April 16||Wednesday, August 11||December 7|
|Last day of official co-op semester||Tuesday, April 27||Wednesday, August 18||December 14|
In addition to Co-op Hiring Days, Wentworth offers a number of other outlets to engage students:
- Post your openings in WITworks, where Wentworth students go to look for co-ops and jobs.
- Become a Co-op Employer: All undergraduate day students are required to complete two Cooperative Education (co-op) experiences prior to receiving their Bachelor’s degree. These are typically paid, full-time (30 hours minimally per week) and last for the duration of the semester. Most students do their required co-ops in their junior and senior year and an optional co-op in their sophomore year. Architecture students complete their required co-ops in their sophomore and junior years.
- Interview Virtually: We offer on-campus interviewing where you can review resumes of all candidates, pick the students whom you care to interview and host interviews virtually through the meeting platform of your choosing. We will do all of the administrative tasks. You can pick a date that would work for you and we will set it all up.
- Host an “Inside Industry Right Now” virtual discussion: Be featured in a Zoom session moderated by a CO-OPS + CAREERS staff member discussing how COVID-19 has impacted your business and new challenges that has caused. Not only is it an opportunity to stay engaged with students from targeted majors, it’s a way to share current industry information while promoting your organization.