Co-op Program Expectations
I understand that:
- For my mandatory co-op to count towards graduation requirements I must register for the co-op course on Leopardweb and Report my Hire on WITworks by the co-op deadline for each term.
- Co-op employment must be full-time, 30+ hours per week, related to my major, supervised by a subject matter expert, and occur within the academic semester.
- To be eligible for co-op, I must hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- It is my responsibility to apply for and secure a co-op position. I have access to many resources outlined in the Co-op Handbook including my Co-op & Career Advisor.
- While searching for a co-op, and while on co-op, I will uphold professional standards of behavior and communicate in a respectful manner.
- Once I have accepted a co-op job offer, my decision is final. I will remove myself from consideration for any other co-op positions and decline further offers. Reneging on an acceptance is grounds for failing co-op.
- My Co-op & Career Advisor is available to support me with any difficulties or questions that may arise while I am on co-op.
- Co-op work must be completed as detailed in the approved Report of Hire on WITworks. Any edits to this document must be approved by your Co-op & Career Advisor.
- To receive a passing grade for co-op, I must meet these Terms & Conditions, complete a thoughtful Self Evaluation, and ensure completion of the Employer Evaluation.
Are you a non-U.S. citizen who will be applying for work authorization through CPT authorized by Wentworth?
Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- I understand that to participate in required co-op courses (COOP3500 and COOP4500) I must obtain CPT work authorization to maintain my F-1 visa status.
- To apply for CPT, submit the following to International Student Services & Engagement (ISSE):
- A copy of your Report of Hire, approved by your Co-op Advisor and co-op supervisor.
- A completed Supplemental Co-op Approval form.
- All other required documentation as advised by ISSE.
- NOTE: You must complete and submit CPT for each mandatory co-op experience.
Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- I understand that to participate in optional co-op courses (COOP3000 and COOP5000) I must obtain OPT work authorization to maintain my F-1 via status.
- To apply for OPT, see the International Student Services & Engagement Department.
- It typically takes no less than three months for this paperwork to be approved, so plan in advance if you want to take advantage of this work opportunity.
International Student Visa Compliance
- I understand that beginning work with my co-op employer prior to the start date listed on my appropriate work authorization obtained from ISSE is a violation of my F-1 student visa status and F-1 student immigration regulations. I further understand that if I violate my visa status, my SEVIS record will be terminated promptly by Wentworth, that immigration regulations will require me to leave the U.S. immediately and that other additional immigration penalties may apply.