Disability:IN’s annual NextGen Leader Program is now accepting 2021 applications. Disability:IN NextGen Leaders are college students and recent graduates (within 2 years) with disabilities, including veterans, who are top talent for corporate America. Disability:IN NextGen Leaders have the opportunity to connect with leading brands across all industries. Students are matched one-on-one with mentors from Disability:IN Corporate Partners and experience an all-expense paid trip to the Disability:IN Annual Conference where NextGen Leaders network and interview with companies like Boeing, Facebook, JPMorgan Chase, and Microsoft.
Disability:IN’s NextGen Leaders Program consists of a six-month mentorship program and all-expenses paid conference for college students and recent graduates with disabilities. The program connects NextGen Leaders to experienced professionals, from Disability:IN partner companies, for a supportive relationship and sessions focused on providing insights into effective job search and career development strategies.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2020
Apply via form: www.DisabilityIN.org/2021NextGenApp
To participate in the NextGen Leaders Program, you must:
- Be an undergraduate student, law student, graduate student, or recent graduate (graduated no earlier than 2019) from a US college or university
- Self-identify as an individual with any type of disability
- Individuals that are not US citizens are welcome to participate in this program if they 1) are a current student at or recent graduate of US college or university and 2) have the proper work authorization documents.
Disability:IN does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, disability and marital status. Students of color, LGBTQ+ students, women, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply for this program.
Opportunities for NextGen Leaders
- Meet virtually twice a month for six months with a corporate mentor.
- Participate in monthly professional development webinars.
- Attend the Disability:IN 2021 Conference on July 12–15 at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Students are expected to actively
participate in all conference events. If accepted to the program, all travel costs will be covered.
- Receive notifications of various job opportunities with corporate partners throughout the year
For questions, please email: info@DisabilityIN.org
Find additional career resources and support for Students with Disabilities under our new Work + Identity page.